Most of our membership knows about the Spirit Ride. Last year MPTA members and guests raised over $650 for Spirit Ride at the Elko Picnic. The Spirit Ride is designed to draw media attention to Move-Over laws and the needless sacrifices towers and other first responders make in serving the motoring public and transportation industry. After Chip Kauffman of B/A Products first approached American Towman with an idea for a drive across America to promote Move-Over, the vision for what could take place began to grow. To date, over 300 towing companies have signed up to carry the “Spirit” by car carrier as towers continue to volunteer to participate and also lend their ideas to the project.
To participate in the Spirit Ride, please visit the link below and sign up. Looks like Spirit Ride is looking for MPTA members to bring awareness throughout the State of MN.
Please click here:
The Board Meeting has been changed to January 24th at 6:00 pm at the MPTA Office.
Below is some information for the appearance on Kare 11 for the Toys For Tots Program. We have also been asked where the toys can be dropped off at. . In the past, one of the tow drivers attending the KARE 11 appearance brought them on the day of the appearance. You could bring them to the KARE drop off anytime beforehand and simply keep a count of the number of toys.
We need a count of the total toys and money donated for the appearance. They provide a giant gift tag for us to fill in the number of toys donated and the amount of money as well.
You can also drop your toys off at the following drop sites, however please let us know how many you end up collecting. Thank you for participating!
List of drop off sites from Toys For Tots Program:
Being a charity, we can’t pay for dozens of moving trucks to visit all 1,000+ locations that have signed up to collect toys, so we’ve been in contact with these locations who are offering secure storage space for you to drop your collected toys at, if you don’t want to make the drive over to visit us at the warehouse in New Hope. Their addresses are below, please check their business hours before heading over:
|Savage Police Department||6000 McColl Dr||Savage||MN|
|City of Prior Lake Recreation Department||4646 Dakota St SE||Prior Lake||MN|
|Mills Fleet Farm||5635 Hadley Ave N||Oakdale||MN|
|Menards||9000 E Point Douglas Rd||Cottage Grove||MN|
|Tandem Printing||2970 Lexington Ave S||Eagan||MN|
|Mills Fleet Farm||10250 Lexington Ave NE||Blaine||MN|
|Mills Fleet Farm||8400 Lakeland Ave N||Brooklyn Park||MN|
|Maple Grove Police||12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway||Maple Grove||MN|
|South Lake Minnetonka Police Department||24150 Smithtown Rd||Shorewood||MN|
|Burnsville Fire Department||911 W 140 St||Burnsville||MN|
|Mills Fleet Farm||1935 Levi Griffin Rd||Carver||MN|
|Dakota County Sherriff’s Office||1580 Highway 55||Hastings||MN|
|Great Southern Bank||3400 W 66th St, Ste 100||Edina||MN|
|Great Southern Bank||7685 Zachary Ln||Maple Grove||MN|
|Great Southern Bank||10880 175th Ct W||Lakeville||MN|
|Great Southern Bank||1875 county Rd B2 W||Roseville||MN|
|Hennipen County Government Center||300 South 6th St||Minneapolis||MN|
|Associated General Contractors of Minnesota||525 Park St #110||St Paul||MN|
And don’t forget the KARE11 tent at 8811 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN.
Toys for Tots Campaign 2017 Guest Confirmation Information
*Please bring this note to your scheduled appearance*
Group Name: MN Professional Towing Association
Date: Dec. 16 Newscast: 8am *Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to newscast
Group Contact: Norie Hennen
Where: Toys for Tots Tent at KARE 11 (8811 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley)
Important Information to Read PRIOR to Your Appearance:
- Directions: A document with directions is included with this letter. You must access General Mills Blvd. from Hwy. 55 (not 394) to be able to make the turn into the parking lot near the tent. Please drive slowly as you enter the lot.
- Allow extra time for traffic and/or bad weather as you plan your visit to the station. We cannot guarantee that you will be on if you miss your scheduled time.
- Coming by bus? You can drop the people and toys off at the tent, but will then need to move the bus to the parking lot on the south side of the building.
- Be sure to dress for the weather, you could be outside for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Restrooms are not available before or after appearances.
- Your projected group size is 3. If you anticipate your group being much different than that number, please contact me and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Spokesperson: You should be prepared to give the name of your group and explain how you collected the toys.
- Vehicles/motorcycles, banners and mascots are typically not allowed in the segment. Please reach out with any special requests prior to your appearance date.
- If you have collected a large number of toys please consider delivering them directly to the Toys for Tots Warehouse, location posted on kare11.com. This will ensure that the toys are distributed to the kids in need as quickly as possible.
Thank you for remembering the meaning of the program. Each donation to Toys for Tots makes the holidays brighter for a child and their family!
*KARE 11 reserves the right to change/cancel any appearance at any time and for any reason – even after you arrive. If it is necessary to cancel, we will call your contact person as soon as possible.
We are sorry to bear the bad news of the passing of Joe Vadnais. As of right now, here is the information we have for the funeral. We will make sure to post any additional information as we receive it. The Vadnais family has our deepest sympathy.
Wednesday, November 22
St. Mary of the Lake in White Bear Lake, MN
11:00am- Funeral Service
On behalf of the MPTA Board of Directors, we would like to thank you for your support of the Light Duty Tow Truck Operator Training Class that was held on October 18, 2017.
We hope your employees found the training class informative and worthwhile. As always, our primary goal is to increase their understanding of everyday towing with an extensive instruction in the classroom and a hands-on participation program outside the classroom.